I have been kindly nominated for ‘The Entertainer’ blogger award by the fantastic itsgoodtobecrazysometimes. Go check out their blog here: https://itsgoodtobecrazysometimes.wordpress.com.
- Write a post with the award picture.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring, and, most important of all, ENTERTAINING!
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog!
- Also, answer the 5 questions.
When I think about entertainment, it encompasses a range of implications…
…. Did I laugh?
…. Did I cry?
…. Did I learn?
The following people have made me do one of those three things. I’m sure they’d do the same for you as well.
First of all, the questions…
- Why did you start a blog in the first place? I am studying to be a mental health nurse and I have experience of mental health issues myself, so I’ve been on both sides of care. I started the blog with two goals in mind: to spread awareness and encourage discussion. There are so many misconceptions about mental health that challenging, but not enough time and resources are put into educating people about their minds. I love it when somebody comments on one of my posts; no matter what they say, there is potential for discussion there. In the absence of any significant mental health education in our schools, universities or workplaces, I think it’s up to us to learn from each other by trading experiences and viewpoints.
- What is your favorite book? God, this is almost impossible to answer. I’d say it’s between The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote and pretty much anything Jack Kerouac has ever written.
- What do you dislike the most? As this is a mental health blog, I’ll stick with that theme and say the media’s portrayal of mental illness. Often mis-informed, one-sided and careless portrayals of people with mental health issues as violent and dangerous, only, in my view, to propagate the classic ‘psychopath mental patient’ narrative because it sells well. Cynical, aren’t I?
- What is your favorite food item from the mall? I live in England, so we don’t really have malls here. I love going out for fish and chips, though.
- What is your favorite pastime activity? Playing my geeetarr.
And my nominees: